Little tips and tricks to make yourself FEEL BETTER when you’re down, overwhelmed, or just not feeling your best. YOU choose your happiness. This post will help you do that!
I love the quote “not everyday is a good day but there is something good in every day.” Not every day is going to be 100% enjoyable. In fact, hour to hour the day’s mood can change. When things seem to be going wrong, like you just can’t catch a break, or that the whole world is against you, stop for a moment to consider the small things you can do to change things.
You are ultimately in control of your own destiny and you alone have the power to make yourself feel better. Self-care and self-love are so important. There are small things you can do each day to practice those essential aspects of life.
Today I’m sharing 66 (random…but 6 is my favorite number!) simple ways you can make yourself feel better when you’re just not feeling your best. Some are silly, some are practical…but all of them meet a need that may not be consistently filled in your life. And let’s face it, we could all use a little more compassion, grace, and gentleness towards ourselves.
1. Go outside and put your bare feet in the grass.
2. Put on your favorite movie.
3. Order takeout from your favorite restaurant.
4. Squeeze your own butt. #socialdistancing 😉
5. Go bra-free for the day (or maybe the whole weekend).
6. Sip a cup of tea mid-morning.
7. Take a mental health day from work.
8. Make yourself your favorite childhood lunch.
9. Write a letter to future you.
10. DANCE in your kitchen.
11. Try a fun, dance fitness class online. Lots of free stuff on YouTube!
12. Bake cookies just for the house-filling smell (and the eating of course!).
13. Wake up early on a Saturday and watch the sunrise from your porch or roof.
14. Sleep past your alarm.
15. Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers.
16. Treat yourself to a cup of coffee from the cafe near your house and a warm pastry.
17. Call your friends for a ZOOM or Skype Happy Hour.
18. Drink water throughout the day.
19. Paint your nails your favorite color.
20. Give yourself a butterfly hug.
21. Write out a list of 5 things you’re grateful for in this moment.
22. Eat a meal slowly and savor the taste.
23. Call your mom (or someone else you love talking to).
24. Go for the LARGE hotbar box at Whole Foods. 😉
25. Wake up in the morning and say you love yourself out loud.
27. Allow yourself a few free hours to browse your online store.
28. Give yourself a massage.
29. Better yet, buy yourself a gift certificate for a professional massage.
30. Donate money to cause you care about. (I started my own for my local community!)
31. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you look fierce (growl and scratching hand movement optional).
32. Stay regular with doctors appointments.
33. Listen to a postive podcast.
35. Pour yourself into a new hobby.
36. Take an online class that interests you.
37. Read SOMETHING every day.
38. Buy yourself clothes that fit. (This can make a HUGE difference in how you feel about yourself!!)
39. Speak your mind and share your opinion in a new group setting.
40. Buy a new piece of art to hang in your home.
41. Put pictures of your loved ones on your work desk.
42. Eat foods that nourish…AND that you enjoy.
43. Look up a little more often.
44. Touch something soft.
45. Love on some animals.
46. Stay in your pajamas all day.
47. Change into REAL pants.
48. Let yourself feel real emotion…cry, laugh, smile.
49. Watch some stand-up comedy.
50. Try out a new hairstyle.
51. Belt out tunes alone in your car.
52. Take the first spoonful of a fresh jar of peanut butter.
53. Browse the inspirational quotes page on Pinterest.
54. Cook a meal from scratch.
55. Embrace a message from the universe everyday.
56. Tell yourself: YOU matter.
57. Sit up straight. Practice good posture.
58. Walk tall.
59. Keep your space free of physical and mental clutter.
60. Light a candle of your favorite scent.
61. Take a walk…phone free.
62. Have a snack.
63. Practice stress reducing techniques.
64. Get some sun.
65. Clean your sheets.
66. Download a meditation app.
Armed with these 66 tips, you’re bound to start feeling better no matter what situation you find yourself in.
Here are a few other posts you may like about making yourself feel better and working on self-care:
How do you make yourself feel better when you’re feeling down?
Which one of these 66 tips could you see yourself using?Stay connected:Instagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperTikTok: KailaProulxBloglovin’: Healthy HelperShop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more!