Creamy, dreamy, and delicious! This vegan Vanilla Almond Ice Cream Cake is everything you could want in a frozen treat for summer! Gluten- and grain-free, super easy to assemble, and made from whole food ingredients. You and your family will love slicing this beauty up and serving at your next meal for dessert!
It’s a good day, friends. Like a really good day.
If this is your first time on the blog, you’re in luck. Today I am sharing the MECCA of all recipes. Now I know I say this a lot, but THIS is the best recipe I’ve ever shared on the blog.
There a few things that make it just perfect…
- It’s the perfect frozen treat for summer.
- It’s cool, creamy, sweet, and DELICIOUS.
- ICE CREAM is the main ingredient.
- It’s vegan AND gluten-free. (so although it’s dessert, it’s pretty much a superfood, right? 😉 )
I was invited by So Delicious to celebrate Frozen Friday with them this month, and friends, I went ALL OUT.
We’re talking ice cream, cake, chocolate, AND nut butter all in one amazing recipe! This Vegan Vanilla Almond Ice Cream Cake is a MUST MAKE for the season (and really for any time of year in my opinion). Whether you have a birthday party coming up or just a girls night that needs a little dessert action, THIS is the treat you need to treat yo self to ASAP.
I’ve had RAVE reviews from everyone that has tried it and most people can’t believe that it’s pretty darn GOOD for you too. It’s vegan and gluten-free, after all!
Vegan Vanilla Almond Ice Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 9 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- For crust:
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup drippy almond butter
- For ice cream layer:
- 2 pints So Delicious Very Vanilla Cashew Milk Ice Cream, partially thawed so it’s more spreadable
- For topping:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp drippy almond butter
- almond milk, to thin
- mini chocolate chips
- Pulse almonds in food processor until they are chopped, but before they become almond butter. In a bowl, mix almonds with almond butter. Place almond mixture on the bottom of an 8×8 square baking dish.
- Once your ice cream is a very spreadable texture, spread the entire two pints over the almond mixture. Place cake in freezer.
- In a small bowl, warm almond butter in the microwave for a few seconds so that it becomes runny (about 7-10 seconds). Whisk in cocoa powder and maple syrup until smooth.
- Remove cake from freezer and pour chocolate mixture over cake and spread. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top.
- Place pie back in the freezer for at least an hour. You want it to be very firm when cutting it.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Made with So Delicious Creamy Vanilla Cashew Milk Ice Cream, this is NOT your traditional ice cream cake. It’s better. 😉 A thick layer of creamy delicious non-dairy ice cream are surrounding by a raw, nut-based crust and a rich n’ chocolatey “magic shell” topping. Truly crave worthy components in every bite.
The fact that this entire cake was gone in less than a day and a half should be ALL the evidence you need that you should be trying this cake ASAP.
This is for sure my new favorite dessert. It would pair SO WELL with my Date-Sweetened Double Chocolate Brownies. Brownies AND cake?! Well who can turn that down!
This will be a staple around my apartment all summer long. So easy to make…and SO delicious all thanks to So Delicious Non-Dairy Ice Cream.
What’s your favorite frozen treat for summer?
Do you prefer regular cake or ice cream cake?
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxBuy my BUDGET TRAVEL EBook!Shop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more! Want to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!Vacation budget a little tight? Get a discount on your AirBnB booking!