A grownup, healthy version of your favorite childhood meal! These baked chicken fingers are full of flavor from the rosemary, stoneground wheat crackers, olive oil, and cheese blend they are coated with. Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside, and totally delicious!
Sponsored by Back to Nature.
There was a time in my life when I was OBSESSED with chicken fingers. In fact, I think I ordered them EVERY TIME my parents took me out to eat for a whole year straight. I could probably compile a list of the best chicken fingers in the city based on all my meals trying them at different restaurants.
Needless to say, I sort of chicken fingered myself out! HA! You know when you have a food so often or so many times that you just sort of lose a taste for it? That definitely happened with me and chicken fingers.
It wasn’t until I was walking through the store the other day and saw that there were some chicken breast tenderloins on sale. I got to thinking that it has been YEARS since I last had chicken fingers and that it would be pretty fun to make a homemade version!
And in true Healthy Helper fashion, I decided to healthify them a bit! 😉
Instead of flour or breadcrumbs to coat the lean chicken tenderloins, I reached for a box of my favorite crackers from Back to Nature, Rosemary & Olive Oil Stoneground Wheat. These crackers are SO flavorful and chockfull of ingredients like Organic Stoneground Wheat Flour, Whole Brown Flax Seed, Sea Salt, and Rosemary Olive Oil. I knew the coating mixture I created with the crackers, 4 cheese blend, and spices would make up for the lack of frying or oil that traditional chicken fingers have.
Rosemary Olive Oil Cracker Crusted Chicken Fingers
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- 2 pounds of chicken breast tenders or tenderloins
- 1 box of Back to Nature Rosemary Olive Oil Stoneground Wheat Crackers
- ½ cup 4 cheese blend, shredded (I used an asiago, fontina, provolone, and parmesan blend)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 2 large eggs
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine crackers, cheese, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is in crumbs. Add olive oil and pulse until combined.
- In one shallow dish, place cracker mixture. Place the eggs in a second shallow dish and lightly beat with a fork. Dip the chicken pieces in the eggs, then dip them in the cracker mixture, turning and patting to get the crumbs to coat all over. Place the coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Serve with your desired dipping sauce.
These were a MAJOR hit with my family! The cracker coating got so crispy in the oven, yet the chicken stayed tender and moist. To be honest, these didn’t even need a complimentary dipping sauce or anything like that! They are so flavorful and tasty on their own. The perfect combination of savory spices and cheesy goodness.
I call these my “grown-up” version of chicken fingers, but they are super kid friendly too. Especially if you’re trying to get your kids to eat more whole grains and lean proteins.
Delicious, nutritious, and the perfect alternative to your favorite “junk food” meal! They make for a great party dish or appetizer option too. So easy to make in a big batch!
Plant-based? Try this same coating on tofu or another vegan meat alternative! Just as tasty.
Was there a certain food you were obsessed with when you were younger?
Do you like chicken fingers?
Have you ever made a “grown-up” or healthier version of your favorite childhood meal?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxBuy my BUDGET TRAVEL EBook!Shop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more! Want to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!Vacation budget a little tight? Get a discount on your AirBnB booking!