Honey Pecan Crusted Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Place the pecans a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (go easy — you don’t want a paste). Add the cereal, spices, and honey and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Set up two large shallow dishes in an assembly line. Beat the egg in the first dish and place the pecan/cereal mixture in the second dish. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to hold the breaded fillets, and place at the end of the assembly line.
- Season the chicken pieces with a little salt and pepper. Working with one piece at a time: dip in the egg to coat evenly; and then dredge in the pecan/cereal mixture, pressing down to make the coating adhere. Try to use one hand for the dry breading and one hand for the wet– otherwise, your hands will end up a mess. Place the breaded chicken on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining pieces.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with honey mustard for dipping!