A humorous take on what hot yoga is REALLY like and why going to a class is pretty darn awesome.
In honor of National Yoga Day, I thought it would be fun to share a little bit about my favorite type of yoga…HOT yoga! Specifically, a Baptiste power flow style class.
Hot yoga classes are my favorite to attend not only for the killer sweat you work up, but because of all the physical and mental health benefits you reap throughout the practice and afterwards.
But that’s not exactly what I am going to discuss today. Instead, I’ll be going into some of the more unique reasons why hot yoga ROCKS. ?
1. It’s the only place where you can touch yourself (and others!) for an hour in public without being judged.?
2. Sitting in chairs is not only acceptable, but encouraged. ?
3. No one is watching you struggle through Half Moon pose, because they are too busy focused on not falling over themselves.
4. Sweating like a pig is not frowned upon…instead it’s a sign of achievement.
5. You don’t have to wear pants! (or a real shirt for that matter!)
6. It’s the only place outside of a Star Wars convention where it’s cool to breathe like Darth Vader.
7. You’re getting three things for the price of one: a sauna session, a salt skin treatment, and a kick ass workout!
8. It’s basically adult play time! Where else can you do handstands, bridges, and poses named for animals!? (Then you follow that up with a nap on your mat? It’s like grown up daycare!)
9. Free head massages during Savasana! (I’ll take what I can get! Massages ain’t cheap!)
10. You get to pretend you’re in a fun cult for a few minutes while everyone is ooooommm-ing in sync and Namaste-ing each other to end class.
Hope this gave you some laughs. ? But in all seriousness, hot yoga is pretty awesome and if you haven’t given it a try you definitely should!
Also, if you’re interested in some REAL reason why Hot/Power Yoga rocks, check out these resources:
Do you enjoy yoga?
What’s your favorite kind to do?
Have you ever gone to a hot yoga class?
Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxBuy my BUDGET TRAVEL EBook!Shop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more! Want to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!Vacation budget a little tight? Get a discount on your AirBnB booking!