A hearty chili with the perfect combination of spices and fresh ingredients. A little sweet, a little spicy, and packed with healthy ingredients. Easily made in the Instant Pot and a total crowd pleaser.
All this month (and really for the rest of the year!), I am making it my MISSION to show all of you that healthy eating can be easy, affordable, and delicious.
In reality, healthy eating = simple eating. Sure, there are a lot of fancy, specialty “health foods” out on the market. But when it comes down to it, simple, whole foods are what you want the bulk of your diet to be made up of. And if you can, opting for organic foods is a total BONUS!
Now you may be thinking, “Why Organic?”.
Aside from being grown and treated with less pesticides, organic foods often have more readily available and absorbable nutrients, such as antioxidants, than conventionally grown products. Studies have shown that people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives see their symptoms lessen or completely subside when they eat exclusively organic.
Organic doesn’t mean expensive
Just like healthy eating doesn’t have to break the bank, neither does buying organic products. Most stores have their own in-house organic brands that prove organics don’t have to be overpriced. Today I am sharing a delicious chili recipe made entirely from organic foods that can be found in-store at your local store.
My Sweet and Spicy Instant Pot Chicken Chili is filled with fresh organic veggies, seasoned with organic spices, and protein packed with lean organic chicken and beans. Plus, you can’t beat the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavor in every bite!
Sweet and Spicy Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Soups & Stews
- 3 5oz cans of organic chicken breast, drained
- 1 can Full Circle organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Full Circle organic pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 oz Full Circle organic diced tomatoes
- 2 organic bell peppers (red or orange), diced
- 1 organic zucchini, diced
- 8 oz organic white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 organic sweet potato or yam, skinned and cut into small cubes
- 12 oz Full Circle organic chicken broth
- 1 jar of Full Circle organic pineapple salsa
- 1.5 tsp organic cumin
- 2 tsp organic chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: low-fat organic cheese, organic avocados, organic corn tortilla chips
- Turn on Instant Pot and set to manual. Cut sweet potato and place on a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes until softened. Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir to evenly combine everything. Place Instant Pot top on and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- When the timer runs out, vent the Instant Pot. When done venting, serve the chili warm with organic cheese, organic sliced avocado, and organic corn tortilla chips.
This chili is naturally gluten-free, low-fat, high in fiber, full of lean protein, and comes together in less than a half hour. A great option for an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love or to meal prep on the weekend for quick lunches all week-long. And who doesn’t love a piping hot bowl of chili in the dead of a Buffalo winter?
As I mentioned, all of the ingredients in the above recipe are certified ORGANIC.
What healthy eating is not: hard, boring, tasteless, or expensive.
What healthy eating is: easy, affordable, delicious, and energizing.
What are your health goals for the new year?
Do you opt for organic products when you shop?
What’s one small thing you can do today to live healthier?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxBuy my BUDGET TRAVEL EBook!Shop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more! Want to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!Vacation budget a little tight? Get a discount on your AirBnB booking!