The perfect patriotic snack for the Fourth of July! These Red, White, and Blueberry Muffins are full of fruity goodness and the swirls of white chocolate. Low in sugar, gluten-free, and vegan. A summer treat not to miss!
Thanks to my friends at Bob’s Red Mill for supporting Healthy Helper and making these tasty muffins possible!!
SUMMER IS HERE….and I’ll take any excuse to celebrate. 🥳
Sure…the Fourth of July is the ‘main’ summer holiday, but the warm weather, blue skies, and bright sunshine are enough reason to celebrate all season long in my opinion.
Since getting back from my trip to Spain, I’ve been having a great time getting into the kitchen and creating some awesome new recipes for you all. With June almost over, I immediately had my sights set on creating a delicious, patriotic snack just in time for Independence Day!
There will be cookouts and BBQs galore in the next few weeks, so why not go outside of comfort zone and make something really festive instead of boring potato salad, pasta salad, cornbread, baked beans, or any of the other typical Fourth of July foods. My first thought? Some sort of red, white, and blue dessert to really knock people’s socks off!
That’s when these Red, White, and Blueberry Muffins came into existence!
With all my essential Bob’s Red Mill products on hand, I started brainstorming what combination of foods I could pair together to make the ultimate patriotic treat! Here’s what I settled on…
RED dried cranberries
WHITE chocolate Chips
Plus, Bob’s gluten-free oat flour to make these whole grain and gluten-free, yet still light and fluffy like a proper muffin! I also used their vegan egg replacer, baking powder, sea salt, and coconut sugar.
Bob’s is basically a ONE STOP SHOP for all your baking needs now! They have EVERYTHING you need to make healthy, delicious treats.
And these muffins prove that!!
Red, White, & Blueberry Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 muffins 1x
- Category: Sweet Snacks
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Bob’s Red Mill baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Bob’s Red Mill sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 vegan egg (prepared according to Bob’s Red Mill package directions)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- heaping 1/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- Optional: extra coconut sugar for sprinkling on top before baking
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk together milk, oil, and vegan egg. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips. Fold in blueberries and stir until evenly distributed throughout batter.
- Divide batter into 6 muffins tins (use the foil muffins cups so they don’t stick). Sprinkle coconut sugar on top of the muffins before baking if desired. Bake for 20 minutes.
Vegan, gluten-free, low in sugar, and SO FESTIVE for the Fourth!! There’s only so many red, white, and blue dishes out there and this one is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your get-togethers. Who doesn’t love grab n’ go, handheld treats? Much easier to serve then messy Strawberry Shortcake or Watermelon Cake!
What are your favorite Fourth of July foods?
Have you ever made any red, white, and blue recipes?
What are you most looking forward to this summer?Stay connected:Instagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperTikTok: KailaProulxBloglovin’: Healthy HelperShop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more!