Or things that I find interesting and worth sharing with you all
But I think ‘Mentionables’ works as a more succinct title, right?
How was everyone’s Monday!?
If it was great, awesome! If it wasn’t so great, then hopefully this post will bring a smile to your face and some cheer to your spirit!
Musings worth mentioning interspersed with some Link Love…sounds just about right for a Monday evening…
1. First off, Happy Memorial Day to all my US friends! It can be easy to get caught up in the ‘celebratory’ events of the weekend, but what’s even more important is to stop and reflect on what this holiday is really all about…the brave men and women who have given their lives for our freedom. Having had family members from both my mom and dad’s side serve makes this sentiment especially important to me. Thank a veteran/soldier today! Heck…thank them ANY chance you get!
2. I could watch people run ALL day. And that’s literally what I did on Sunday. It was the running of the Buffalo Marathon and my house is the 23rd mile every year. I love waking up in the morning and seeing the elites come sprinting by around 9 and then the steady increase in crowds of people from about 10 to 11. There is just something so uplifting about seeing people giving all they have to accomplish a goal. Hopefully that’ll be me one day
3. I really want to make these.
4. For those of you who asked if the protein powder in my Frosty Cocoa Mint Bars could be substituted out for extra bran/flour…it can! I made another batch today and since I was out of protein powder I decided to change it up a bit! Worked fine.
5. Please tell me I am not the only one who enjoys E programming. Kardashians? Yeah they are fake and annoying as hell sometimes…but there is just something about that family that makes them so watchable. I can’t lie and say that I’m not a leeeetle bit excited that there is a new season on. I am also enjoying Mrs. Eastwood and Company for the record.
6. The Arc/Elliptical are my new best friends. The heel/achilles is still KILLING me and those machines, plus my bike, are the only things that don’t hurt it. Seriously I would rather bike 5 feet than walk…it hurts that bad.
7. I booked my flights and hotels for Expo East!!! SO excited. Let me know if you plan on attending! We can have a meet up
8. Some big things are going to be happening to the blog in the next few weeks…I have finally figured out a plan for getting some things accomplished that I have been dreaming about for a while!
9. Anyone else get on food kicks every once in a while? Right now I cannot get enough of tortillas, grilled sandwiches, and smoothies!
[two easy lunch recipes coming atcha tomorrow for WIAW]
10. Redid my About Me page! It had been way to long.
11. With the extra free time I’ve had lately I have been pinning like a FIEND! Some of the best…
[for all my fellow Game of Throne fans out there!]
12. I’m going horseback riding on Thursday! I’ve been wanting to start back up for a while now (I started riding when I was 3!) and I finally got around to planning it!
Tell me something interesting, fun, or exciting going on in your life right now!